Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jam Tilda - Regal Rose and So Safron

.
Hi

Wow, a whole week has almost gone past again and I have not done much crafting at all.

But I have managed a card tonight that I am quite happy with. It came together very quickly (love it when that happens)




I decided to try my hand at getting a little more creative with my flower this time instead of just using them straight out of the punch so to speak. I used three different sized scollop circles of So Safron cardstock for this flower and inked around them with SU So Safron Ink. I then cut almost to the centre at each scollop all the way around the large one. Using my bone scorer I rubbed the underside of the large scollop circle to give it more of a curled shape and then layered the two smaller ones on top securing them together with a brown brad.

Both the flower and the matted imaged are popped up on dimentionals.

The ribbon is a white satin? ribbon that I coloured with a SU So Safron marker an idea I got from my friend Edna. Pop on over and check out her blog she makes the most stunning cards.

I created the white strip under the ribbon using the SU eyelet border punch and I also used this punch to create the corners for the image.

Tilda's skin is coloured with Copics and the rest is done with water colour crayons.

After noticing a VERY big smudge on the inside of the card (how I missed it before I started working on the card I don't know!) I decided to decorate the inside of the card too.

 

Linking this card to:

Just Magnolia - In The Garden ( hoping floral BG and one big flower makes it fit!)

Thanks for stopping by today to take a look.

Michelle

21 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Its beautiful Michelle, i love the new style flower and the little pearls.
I love the decorated "inside" of your card.
Are you on countdown for the special day now??
Lisa ;)

chris said...

Hi Michelle
so beautiful, just love the colour mix, so saffron is one of my favourites, just used it.
hugs chris xx

Andréa Lisboa said...

Lindo! Adorei.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Michelle - your colouring is stunning and I love the clever way you have created a "wall" for Tilda to sit on. The inside of the card is just as pretty as the outside.
Love, Sylvia xx
PS: Thank you so much for becoming a follower - I really appreciate it. xx

Demae said...

is so nice!!! i love the inside stamp

Marlene said...

Aww..she's so pretty!!! The inside looks great, too! (I've also had to do that after smudging....no one's the wiser!)

Have a great weekend!

Kras said...

This quite an expensive card like many beautiful elements transmit more great charm .I like her

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Sooo pretty, your Tilda is darling and I love your flower!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

This is lovely!
hugs
Sue x

Shirley-Anne said...

Love your colouring . The layout is great on card front and inside . What I find most inspiring is the way you have coloured the ribbon and created the corners around image . The flower is divine . Well done .
Happy Birthday for tomorrow 20th June to the kindest , most loving and adorable Daughter that we are proud to be the parents of.

Tracy said...

This card is adorable. I love those little girls.

KarenB said...

Beautiful choice of colours and so beautifully coloured too. Happy 40th birthday :)

Kerrie said...

Such a beautiful card, you have done a great job on your colouring.

Jennifer said...

Hi Michelle! Lovely cute Tilda card! I love how you did the inside too! xx Jenny xx

Karina said...

Dear Michelle,
this is a very lovely card you made. I love your style in general and so I will come again to take a look what's new here.
And happy birthday to you!! Hope all your dreams come true!
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

Anonymous said...

This is a very sweet card. Tilda is colored beautifully!
hugs,
Shell

Bev said...

Such a pretty card, thanks so much for joining our in the garden challenge at Just Magnolia this week x

Selma said...

This is such a cute card. Love that Magnolia. Your flower is beautiful.

Dena said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is just fabulous!
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
Hugs, Dena

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Alma said...

What a lovely card!!!!!!! its so wonderful and i like your colouring and the wonderful colours you have used!!! Wow!!! Hugs Alma