Monday, June 14, 2010

Boho Blossoms and Five Petal Flower Punches

.
Hi

What a fabulous long weekend (Queens Birthday for those of you outside of Australia) it has been. The weather is as always this time of year, just perfect.

My friend Jill and I had our market stall yesterday, boy it was really quiet. Lots of people away camping was more than likely the cause. Still, Jill and I enjoy ourselves anyway, chatting and having coffee and discussing future plans for JeMbellish.

While I have been busy working on a secret project (you will have to wait a couple more weeks yet before it will be revealed) I have managed to whip up a quick card for today's post.


For this card I decided to pull out a couple of punches I haven't used before. Stampin Ups Boho Blossoms and the Five Petal Flower punches.

I made this a square card because I wanted to use up some of the Stampin Up 6x6 designer paper pads that I have that my wonderful Mum, Shirley- Anne, sent up to me a while back.

The flowers and stitching on the pink circle behind the image have been hand drawn with a white gel pen and I also drew some detailing around the edge of the scollop circle with a pink stampin up marker.

I am linking this card up to :

Stamp Something Challenge- Happy Somethings

Recipe:

Cardstock - Barely Banana and Whisper White from Stampin Up
Designer Papers - Pattern Pack II Designer Series Paper from Stampin Up
Scollop Circle Die from Stampin Up
Sentiment from Kaszazz
Pink and White Brads
Stickles

Earlier this week I received this award from Lisa over at Mess2Magic. Thanks Lisa it was really sweet of you to send this on to me. Sorry it has taken me so long to play along.



The rules for this award go like this:


  1. Thank and link the person who gave you the award

  2. Display the award on your blog

  3. Tell 6 lies and 1 truth about yourself or vise versa

  4. Nominate 7 others and leave a message letting them know


Here is my list of 6 truths and 1 lie

  1. I'm a cat lover (I like dogs too)

  2. I miss my family

  3. I'm ok with turning 40

  4. I have travelled all over the world

  5. I could do with losing a few kg (diet starts the day after my birthday!)

  6. I love blogging

  7. I once flew over the local mountain range in a bi-plane
See the end of this post to find out which one is a lie!

I would like to pass this award on to the following people, some are blogs I love to visit every day and some are new followers to my blog.



My Birthday Blog Candy is still running (finishes on the 21st June) click here to enter.

Oh, I nearly forgot........... the one lie was about travelling all over the world, I have never been outside of Australia!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Michelle



22 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Michelle. Such an adorable sweet card. Love all the pinks and the gorgeous co-ordinationg papers. Fab image too and finished off with those gorgeous flowers. Love it. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Michelle
Love this cute card (pink is my favourite colour)! The image is adorable and I love the flowers and papers. Fabulous!
Thank you so much for thinking of me when handing out the Award - I will pop it onto my side-bar, and will try really hard to think of something interesting to say about myself!!
Love, Sylvia xx

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love yellow and pink together, a lovely card Michelle! Never been outside of Australia--eek!! But one day one day!! Not to mention their is plenty to see in this great country of ours, I have been to most parts of the world and this is still the best!!!

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Michelle
I love this little card , The image is sweet and the flowers are gorgeous.
Now where have i been the last few weeks - under a rock?? i didnlt know shirley Anne as your Mum!
Lisa ;)

Jill said...

Aw Michelle, THANK YOU!! My first blogger award! I'll have to have a think about my 7 facts!!

Shirley-Anne said...

thank you Michelle for thinking of me for an award. Will follow steps needed asap.
I love your card here . Great use of the punches . Love the layout .Clever you for creating the flowery back ground behind image .

Helen said...

Hi Michelle,
That is such a sweet card! Love all the details.

What a fun award! Thank you so much for passing it on to me.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Love this card - wonderful colors, great image! Looking forward to your secret project!

Wishing you a good week! :<)

Barbara Diane

Marlene said...

Well, I know you said you'd never been to the U.S. before - so that's the lie I would have chosen! :)

Cute card! Love those flowers!

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Michelle, the image is so sweet and I love the pretty colour combo and the beautiful flowers you created.
Thanks for the award...I will post it on my blog this week :)
Hugs
Debbie x

Selma said...

What a sweet card. Your flowers are so pretty and I love that image.

Jo said...

lovely card, pretty colours, and you've used my fave punch - boho blossoms :)
Thank you for joining in the fun at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Sarpreet said...

hi, such a gorgeous card

Jennifer said...

Hi Michelle! This is such a cute card! I love the colour combo. xx Jenny xx

Jill said...

Thanks again for the award Michelle - I've posted it on my blog now! :)

Sew Can Do said...

Thanks for passing this on to me:)

Emma said...

An adorable card, such a sweet image and gorgeous colours.
Congrats on your award and lovely to get to know a little about you.
Hugs Emma x

Zimtschnecke said...

Hi Michelle,

how are you?! Hope, you're fine. Sorry, I'm working at the time very much... :-(

Love this cute card, you know, pink is my favourite colour! ;-) The image is so lovely and I love the flowers and beautiful papers. Fantastic work!

Have a nice week.

hugs Bine/Zimtschnecke

Tammy said...

What a super sweet card....Love the flowers!
smiles...Tammy

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute, love your flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with our Happy challenge at Stamp Something, hope to see you back again next week! :)

Kras said...

I like her

Moni said...

What a wonderful card. Love the fab colours and the sweet image.
Thanks for joining in the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge.
Hugs
Moni