Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blue Medallion

.
Hi

I hope you are all feeling better than me today (that would not be hard). The flu I had on my birthday weekend last week is back with a vengence. I am aching all over and my head feels stuffed full of cotton wool and everything that I can hear sounds like I have my head under the bath water.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why I'm not overly fond of today's card but there are a few. Firstly I don't often make cards with out a coloured image as the focal pioint and the fact that I smudged the white lines I created with the gel pen really bugs me and lastly, I'm not sure this is really a very masculine card.



First I stamped the Medallion image from Stampin Up! on to a square of  Brocade Blue cardstock and then after re-inking I stamped again on Whisper White cardstock.

I used some of the Medallion on white to create two corners and with a circle punch I cut the centre of the medallion to place on top of the blue on blue medalion (even though that sounds like gyberish, it should be clear enough in the photo).

I then placed two white brads in the other corners and using a white gel pen (tip - don't do this when you are not well and your hands are shaky) I drew some smaller circles on either sides of the brads and then some white lines to frame.

Sentiment (from Kaszazz) is stamped using Whisper White Craft ink.

Recipe
Cardstock - Brocade Blue & Whisper White - Stampin Up!
Ink - Not Quite Navy & Whisper White - Stampin Up!
Stamp - Medallion - Stampin Up!
Accessories - White Brads & White Gel Pen

Thanks for stopping by today.

Michelle

7 comments:

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I sure hope you feel better soon, twice for the flu is terrible. I really like your card, the corner treatment and the frame make the medallion pop. Love it!

PawwPadd said...

Hi Michelle,
I really like this card a lot! It's a simple layout and yet it's very, very elegant! I like the color combo, I think this card can actually be used for a man or a woman. Great Job Michelle!
www.pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com
Bethann aka PawwPadd

Shirley-Anne said...

Hugs from Mum .Hope you feel better soon.
This card would certainly pass as a card for a male . Love your layout with your frame and the corner bits and the extra centre piece .

Ash said...

It is simply elegant..... & that is one stampin' up! favorites to all.... I love it too.... but I feel sad I can't experiment with those elegance like u all do.... There is no way how I can avail those stuffs... for that matter any of the stamping stuffs that u use...I envy u all... but happy I get to at least watch & relish the wonders u make..... :-)

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Michelle , i am so sorry you are feeling poorly again - here's a hug from me.. hope you feel a lot better soon. I think the card would be suitable for almost any occasion.
I love the medallions but am sorry to say i don;t make them very often.
The card is very elegant
Lisa ;)

Chelsea said...

Oh Michelle, I hope you are feeling a little better today.
It's not so nice when the flu attacks you! lol
Beautiful card. The little white dots are so perfectly round.
Luv,
Chelsea

Marlene said...

I think your card looks GREAT even if you don't! Seriously - beautiful!!!

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well, though. :( Rest, and get well soon!