Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Card Just For Fun

Hi

Thanks for swinging by today.

I am loving the school holidays!! The weather has been pretty ordinary with a week of unseasonal rain but it has still been fun.

I even found time today to make a card just for fun. Now that is something I rarely get to do these days.

I saw the current challenge over at Less Is More and thought I would join in for the first time.

I have used one of the cutest stamps I own called "Lil Monster's Balloon" from AnnaBelle Stamps.


I stamped the image straight on to Neenah Paper 352 GSM (available through Mad For Markers) and coloured with my copics. This paper is brilliant for one layer cards as it is so thick that the Copics don't bleed through at all.

Copics used were

B91, B93, B95 and B97
Y21 and Y23
R20, R22, R24, R27, R29 and R46
N0, N1 and N3

Sentiment is is stamped with SU Not Quite Navy and the border is hand drawn with a SU Not Quite Navy Marker.

The second balloon is actually an after thought, as I accidently made a smudge with the ink. Don't you just love it though when a mistake actually works in your favour!

I am also linking my card up to the following challenges -

AnnaBelle Stamps Challenge - Say It With Frames ( I'm hoping the border around the outside edge counts as a frame)
Thanks for stopping by to see me today!

Michelle :o)

42 comments:

Loli said...

hola Michelle, funny monster card, i love your monster stamp, good job.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca Island

Jenny said...

What a great image Michelle and such a cute card. I really neeeeeed some of that Neenah card now. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs jenny x

nicky said...

fabby card
Nicky

Suzilou said...

Such a cute card, love your stamp. I'm with Jenny, I neeeed some of that card as well now :)

Helene said...

Soooo cute. Love the little monster.

Ang C said...

A lovely card

Sandy said...

Hi Michelle, a fun card - the second balloon works well - this reminds me of some of my kids birthday parties when they were young LOL,
Sandy

Lynne said...

Super card.
Lynne xxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Michelle .Amazing colouring and paper piecing and I love your frame around image .
Hugs Mum

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the goofy expression on your monster's face! I agree, the second balloon looks great!

Jo Street said...

What a fun card, love that stamp!
Jo x

Deborah Frings said...

It's great - the little monster is wonderful!

Ruth M said...

A fun and fabulous card! I love your hand drawn border!

Anonymous said...

Your card brought a smile to my face, wonderful!

Angelnorth said...

Cute monster, love the blue balloon floating off the card!

Chrissy said...

Hee Hee, what a beauty, love his tooth, so cute. Great colouring, and yes, love mistakes when it all turns out for the best.I do that often..lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol Wilde said...

This is great ! Love it !

Carol w

Mandi said...

What a cute monster, he is tremendous!
See a little bit of red and yellow snuck in too lol
Thank you so much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Romaine said...

How CA-UTE is that monster? Lovely colouring.

Diane said...

Cute card xx

Dana said...

Very cute!!

Andrea said...

This is so my favourite image to colour! This is amazing, he looks dimensional with your fabulous colouring!
Thanks for sharing with us this week :)
Andrea

Annes Art said...

Funny monster card ;o))

ninarsku said...

hihii, this monster is just too cute! loved your coloring!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A FABULOUS image and card, such fun

Mary J said...

Oh my, I ADORE this! I have got to own this cutie!!! You are such an enabler, Michelle!

Beautiful colouring as usual!!!

Kerry Steger said...

Wow this card is so cute!!! I love the colour of your monster and I love the way you have added the xxx to the frame. Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle Stamps this week!!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. this made me chuckle - i just love that tooth!!!
Hope you have had a great weekend
lisa x

Suze Bain said...

A super fun card. Love the Lil Monster. xx

Sarpreet said...

so gorgeous and cute even for a monster

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful!

VICTORIA said...

What a really fun card. The little monster is cute. Victoria :)

Unknown said...

I love this card. I love the one layer look too...something different! It is very artistic Michelle. Glad you are having a good holiday!
Alicia xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Just fabulous Michelle! Love your colouring of our little favourite image here at AnnaBelle Stamps .......Thanks for playing with us and good luck!

Kathyk said...

I LOVE this card and your image is just fabulous

KAthyk

Anne said...

Monstrously cute!
Fun card
Anne
x

Debs M said...

FABULOUS image! love this card x

Theresa said...

How cute is this!! Just darling.

Sue said...

What a stunner Michelle, love how you have used the balloons and the CAS frame!
Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Juls said...

such a fun card! I just adore it!!! Hugs Juls

Kylie said...

WOW, what a truly stunning card, Michelle and your colouring is simply amazing, at first I thought Lil' Monster was poped up off the card lol!
LOVE your design too, just Awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps Blog!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Angela Weimer said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Angela