Thursday, March 25, 2010

Feeling Human Again

.
Hi

Oh it is so good to be feeling well again and to have the boys back at school/kindy. After all there is only so much Bob, Thomas or Iron Man a woman can take!

I'm sure there are a million jobs that have built up over the last few days that I should be turning my attention to but I have to admit I have been a little distracted by the new images that I bought from Pretty In Ink. They are so much fun to colour as I have said before, and I'm sure they have a certain theraputic quality and have aided in my recovery from this horrid virus.

On this card I have used Freya With Watering Can, Nicola's newest image. Isn't she just gorgeous!



This card was inspired by Nicola's card here.

I decided to hand draw the pot, bush, cloud and sun with a black marker and cut them out and stick them on to create the scene of Freya in the garden.

I drew the pot and bush directly on to patterned paper and used my water colour crayons to give them a little dimention.

I think it might have looked much nicer to have used stamped flowers and cut them out too instead of the little rhinestone ones. But by that stage I was over cutting things out.

The sentiment is computer generated.

Image coloured using Lyra Water Colour Crayons

Card stock and papers are all from my scrap stash so I can't be sure where they are from.

I have entered this card in to the Corrosive Challenge #56 which is paper piecing as well as Paper Sundaes Tenth Challenge which is also paper piecing.

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle

9 comments:

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Ohh this is so cute!
hugs
Sue x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

What a great scene Michelle! Your cute flowering potted plant looks fabulous, the flower gems are really pretty!
I have been meaning to draw some clouds too!
Your's is fab, and looks really great with the sentiment inside!
Love your colouring too, the shading looks amazing!
Glad to hear that you are all well again! and I know just what you mean about all the jobs building up! I have lots to do too, and yet I find myself making cards!- so naughty! LOL!
Hugs
Nicola

Marlene said...

Adorable! Love the sentiment! Fits perfectly with that image. :)

Emma said...

So lovely to hear you are feeling better after having a horrid virus.
Your card is beautiful and so gorgeous. I love the layout and details.
Thank you so much for popping by my blog, chuffed you liked what you saw...much appreciated.
Hugs Emma x

CarlaKH said...

how cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Bananastamper said...

Such a fun card! Glad you were able to join us at Paper Sundaes!
Shanna :)

Crystal said...

Such a great card & love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Anne said...

This is an adorable card! Great paper piecing, thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenges :)

HappyCrafter said...

So happy looking! Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for joining us with this weeks Paper Sundaes challenge.