Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My First Challenge

Wow, this was fun! I decided to take the plunge and submit something in my first SCS (Split Coast Stampers) challenge. It was a CAS (clean and simple) inspiration challenge.

What a great group of people they are over at SCS, they are so welcoming and encouraging!

Although I see now that I had not understood the "inspiration" part of the challenge completely I still had a lot of fun creating this card.




The challenge was to be inspired to make a card based on something you saw at the Disney Shop. I had a scramble through my odds and ends and came up with this cute Pooh and Friends image.

Firstly I stamped some plain white cardstock with swirls using SU Real Red ink and then I scolloped an edge with SU Pacific Point cardstock. Using the the off cut strip from the scollop punch I adhered another blue strip at the bottom of the card. I placed the character image on top of a mat of white cardstock over SU Real Red cardstock and centred it on the card.

A very simple card, took me all of 10 minutes to make start to finish.

I truly recommend anyone having a try at a challenge if you haven't done so before. It's a lot of fun and a great way to make new like minded friends.

Happy New Year everyone!!

2 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Congrats on completing your first challenge Michelle... watch out for SCS, it is addictive... I will track down your gallery there too!! Good to see you are having fun with your card making!!

Anonymous said...

Well done , Michelle , it is a beauty. thank you for sharing. Shirley-anne