Monday, December 27, 2010

Make It Monday #17 and a Cyclone for Christmas!

Hi

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!

Ours was great, quiet with just the five of us, but great. The boys had a brilliant time and that is what makes it so special for me.

We got an unexpected surprise in the early hours of Christmas morning, a cyclone!! 

We went to bed on Christmas eve having checked the weather site and there was no warnings of any cyclones and at 4am in the morning I was woken by our middle son saying that Santa had woken him up.  I could hear the wind and rain absolutely hammering outside so I got up and turned on the computer to check the weather site again. It was a real surprise to see that a cyclone had developed and was going to cross land pretty much right where we live.

So Luke and I sat up and checked out what Santa had put in his stocking, found that he had gotten the Toy Story 3 DVD. We decided to watch that seeing as how neither of us could go back to sleep with all the commotion going on outside. Amazingly the others all slept through till about 6am (Cyclone crossed land around 5:30am I think). I did wake my husband to tell him about the Cyclone but when I told him it was a catagory 1 (the weakest) he went "oh ok' and went back to sleep LOL. We did get a little bit of damage from the 80 to 100km/hr winds but not too much, just a few limbs off trees and a bit of stuff in our yard from the neighbours yard. We lost power for about 3 hours but other than that it was not too bad. We did receive A LOT of rain, with recordings just down the road a bit of 277mm. during the few hours that it took for the cyclone to pass.

But on to something a bit more cheery, its Make It Monday time again!!

This weeks featured blogger as chosen by random.org is...................

Mina from Pink Puds




Gorgeous right?!

I absolutely LOVE the way she has created the snow. You will find more detail on her blog about how she created this 3D effect.

Mina is such lovely lady, so friendly and always has an interesting story to tell.

She is a total creative genius too!! So much talent! I promise you when you pop on over to her blog to check out her creations you will be awestruck. Believe me, you will come away feeling totally inspired. The colouring Mina is able to achieve with her distressed inks is just amazing.

The Make It Monday linky party is open again (see top of my blog).

Its a great way to show case your favourite card or project to new people. You can even revive an old post. So come along link up and check out the other submissions and remember is all about just sharing the creativity and you may even find yourself making some new blog buddies.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Michelle :-)

6 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgous image, coloured so well! Love how you built the snow too! I hope your feet are dry and you are keeping out of the weather!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh how fab .. that is one of my all time Mina favourites .. i love visiting her blog every day - i recommend it
Lisa ;)

Shirley-Anne said...

An amazing creation . Congrats Mina.
Ditto from me as well . Mina's layouts and colouring ability will blow you away . Her works of art will inspire all who visit her blog .

Sandy Ang said...

Thank goodness the cyclone didn't do too much damage. So happy to be able to link up and share my last 2 cards of 2010. Wishing you a very happy and creative year ahead !

Unknown said...

beautiful!!! what a lovely blog you have.. Happy new year!!

Mina said...

oh oh oh its me...thanks so much for featuring my card Michelle
Mina xxx