Friday, October 1, 2010

Paper Cubed (P3) October Challenge - Acetate

.
Hi

Wow, 1st October. That's just crazy. My boys start school on Tuesday for their 4th and final term for this year. It's a 10 week term and then it is the 6 week Christmas school holidays!

 Why didn't time go this fast when I was at school?! That's what I'd like to know!!

Good news is though, it's time for another challenge over at Paper Cubed (P3). Something a little different for you this month. We want to see you create something using Acetate.

It's been a bit hectic here this month with my boys all taking turns being sick, first one down with Chicken Pox then two down with Gastro. Also one of my brothers who I haven't seen for 15 years came to stay for a week with his family, soI found myself a bit short of time to create anything elaborate this month and in the end I decided to use my big shot for this one and create an acetate pillow box.


Sorry the photo is a bit ordinary, really hard to photograph acetate.

It thought it would make a nice table place setting for Christmas day. This one just has silver beads in it but you could fill it with chocolates or after dinner mints.

I put my Mum's name on it. Kind of wishful thinking that we could be together for Christmas.

I am excited though as I have rebooked the tickets for my son Luke and I to travel to Adelaide in a few weeks to see my parents. Yay!! Last trip being cancelled due to my youngest son coming down with a case of  Chicken Pox.

Now head on over to the Paper Cubed Challenge Blog and check out the rest of the teams inspiring creations and put your thinking caps on to come up with your own acetate project to submit. You have a whole month so there's no excuse not to join in the fun!!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Michelle

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I'm thinkin already - great challenge
Love your little pillow box and how wonderful its for your mum x
I am really lucky have spent every Christmas of my life so far with my parents .
Fab news re your trip.. am excited for you!
Take care
Have a great weekend
Lisa ;)

C said...

Whoa, Michelle! You deserve a break. We were both thinking boxy this month. Your sweet pillow box is perfect for the Christmas holidays!

Shirley-Anne said...

YAH whoopie !!! cant wait Michelle .
Love your pillow box Michelle
The photo shows it up fine . Beautifully decorated too.

Lorrinda said...

I love pillow boxes! What a great idea to make it into a place card. Sounds like you had a crazy month, and the holiday season hasn't even started yet!

Christina said...

Woww gorgeous Michelle! Looks fabulous!
Hugs Kristel

Marlene said...

Sounds like everyone is on the mend again...yay!

Gorgeous little pillow box! What a nifty project.

I still have your "handbag" sitting on my desk...so I can admire it every day. I LOVE it!

Ink Bug said...

Love it! Thinking about making tons of these for Halloween treats. Your blog is wonderful and you're the best color-er! I enjoy stopping by every time!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Cute, and the idea of using it for the place card is very clever. Hope your visit with your Mom is the best ever.