Friday, September 3, 2010

Father's Day

Happy Friday everyone!!

The weather is beautiful today, but lots of rain is forcast for the weekend. Bit of a downer really considering Sunday is Father's Day.

My boys have a plan for what they are doing for/with their Dad on Sunday. They want to set up the outdoor table and chairs on our veranda and make a little cafe and serve breakfast to him out there. Oh why do they have to grow up, they are so cute at this age (4, 6 and 7)!

I had planned to make a card for my Dad when I was down in Adelaide visiting my parents. I was so looking forward to playing in my Mum's well stocked craft room. Now that the holiday has been postponed I realised that I was going to be late getting a card to my Dad :-(. Still, better late than never, right?

This is the card I have made for him.



Completely put together with scraps from my ever growing collection. The image was stamped over a year ago and has been in my bag of stamped images ever since.

For some reason, cards for men are always so difficult for me. I'm not sure if it is due to a lack of papers and embellishments or just that they seem so unfinised without the flowers and bling I am so fond of (not to mention the pink!).

I hope you all have an absolutely fantastic weekend!

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle :-)

10 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Michelle, this is a great masculine card! I love the colors and paper you used.

Funny...here in Canada(and the USA), Father's Day is the 3rd Sunday in June. I never knew it wasn't universal...man, I must live under a rock!

Monica said...

Hi Michelle,

I feel the same about making men's cards... without bling and flowers it is no fun!!!

Your card is so manly. I love the old look of it and the striped paper.

Marlene said...

Father's Day in September...eh? Cool! What a fantastic card! Nicely masculine!

Sarpreet said...

hi there, your card is gorgeous. beautiful image.

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your fabulous card Michelle, perfect for a man.
luv
Debby

C said...

I must be under the same rock as Lorrinda. Good company, though! This is a gorgeous image and I love how you distressed the DP and left the plane uncolored...shows off the intricacy of the design.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

You can sure turn scraps into a work of art! Perfect!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a great card - love it! The boys have a wonderful plan for their father's day!

Wishing you a happy weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

A Consuming Passion said...

Hiya!
Thanks for posting my Candy! Good Luck!
I know your Mum was sad you couldn't make the trip hope all are well soon!

Jennifer said...

Hi Michelle! This is a really fab 'man' card! xx Jenny xx