Monday, June 20, 2011

Make It Monday #42 - Happy Birthday to Me!!


Hi

Hope you all enjoyed a fabulous weekend.

We did, although it was a busy one. We have finally reclaimed our yard after what was incredibly wet  and long wet season. We have mulched the gardens, repaired our driveway and build a 20 metre long cement wall (about 20cm high) to stop the water coursing across our land from our neighbours block.

Feels good to have got all that done!!

Today is my birthday!! Although it doesn't feel all that exciting, with Hubby at work and the boy's at school.

I have been spoilt though.

My wonderful Mum and Dad have showered me in crafting supplies (joy's of having a Mum who is a SU demo and a generous Dad!!)

Some of you may remember that my Dad had a very severe stroke last October. He came home from the hospital at Chirstmas time and has been coming ahead in leaps and bounds. Perhaps he got just a little too confident with his walking, he had a very nasty fall last week and is now feeling very sore and has lost a lot of his confidence.  Love you Dad!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

I was also spoilt this morning with lots of cuddles from my gorgeous boys and some lovely hand made treasures.

Anyway, enough about me, lets get on to the real reason you stopped by today.......


Wow, there was a record number of entries for last week's linky party. Thank you to all of you who took part. Please scroll down to see who's entry I chose as my favourite.

I have used Digi Papers from our wonderful sponsor this week on my card. This is a first for me and I was pleasantly surprised just how easy they were to use.


This week Make It Monday is sponsorted by

The prize will be 'Polly Anna' Paper collection, a bright colour palette with fabulous modern designs!


Now, because there are just so many fabulous entries each week on the Make It Monday linky party, the Design Team and I have decided that we would each like to feature our favourite entry on our own blogs.


I had a really tough time choosing a favourite this week, there were just so many fabulous entries to choose from but in the end I chose...............




This is such a fun card!! I just love Meljen's Designs images and Deonna has coloured this one perfectly.
Thanks Deonna for sharing with us at Make It Monday.
This week's Make It Monday #42 is now open.
Please hop over over to the Make It Monday blog and check out the featured blogger and random commentor winner.

The fabulously talented Design Team and created some amazing cards to inspire you and if you visit their blogs (and I hope you do!) you will see which entry from last week they have chosen as their favourite.
Thanks for stopping by today!!
Michelle :-)



20 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!

Merry said...

Happy Birthday Michelle....sounds like you had a busy busy weekend. Wishing you a fantastic day today.....the weather is perfect for it. Your card is lovely.

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. Hope I did not go too over the top on my blog, but birthdays are special....and as I said, if it was not for you MIM would not exsist.
Fabulous card Hun! really gorgeous. Love the flowers they are beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Michelle ..I know the best pressy you get will be the hugs from your boys and their hand made gifts .
Your card is amazing . just beautiful way to show case those papers . Love those flowers too .
Hugs Mum

Ash said...

It's ur birthday??? Amazing... WOW!!! Thank God did not miss wishing u then..... May God shower all love & happiness on you & keep u & ur family blessed..... :)

That is a lovely card & I simply love the blooms..... :)

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Lisa Jane said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!! sounds like a wonderful morning.. cuddles are the best pressie ever .. wish i could give you one!
Your crafting goodies sound fab too,enjoy the rest of the day
Gorgeous floral card .. so pretty
Lisa x

Edna Morrisedie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Michelle, hope you are having a lovely day... nice job with the digi papers too!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello MJichele. You card is gorgeous sweetie, gorgeous colours and perfectly created.
I wish you A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and hope you have a great day with lots of lovely cards and gifts.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Lorrinda said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!
So glad to hear that your Dad is recovering, but sorry he took a fall.
Must be nice to have a crsfty Mum, my mother commissions me to make her cards and things. Must have gotten my craft bug from Grandma:)

Your cards today are lovely!
Lorrinda

Deonna B said...

What a honor! Thank you for featuring my card on your beautiful blog. Your card is beautiful. Happy Birthday!

Mary J said...

Great choice, Michelle - I love Deonna's fun card too! And your card is brilliant - great way to frame a sentiment!

Hugs to your dad and Happy Birthday to you!!

Leanne said...

Hi Michelle! Visiting after quite a while & on the perfect day too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Helen said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle! I love your card and the flower is very pretty.

Marlene said...

Happiest of Birthdays, Michelle!!! Love your card - that rose is so beautfiul. Deonna's card is also adorable.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a kind comment! Appreciate it!

Irene said...

Hello Michelle

Thank you for a fabulous challange.
Belated Birthday Wishes are on their way to you.

irene
xxxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Happy Birthday Michelle
May you have many many wonderful blogger friends and enough craft time to fill your heart with content
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

Love your card, fab colours and a gorgeous flower.
Hope your birthday was fantastic
Sandy

Sammi said...

Such a GORGEOUS card!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Sorry I've been in a brain fuzzle this week!
Sammi
xx

Antonella said...

Happy, Happy! Love your card, it is so pretty! I linked up again this week (a little late, but still managed to get in - lol). Have a great birthday week (my friend susan says one day is just never enough!) Hugs, antonella :-)

Lila Castro said...

What an adorable card. I linked over from Make It Monday